Protecting Our Staff, Vendors and the Community from COVID-19
19 March, 2020 by Dmitrii Bilcenco under News
The World Health Organization has officially labeled the Coronavirus, COVID-19, a global pandemic. It is our responsibility to one another and to the broader community to minimize the transmission of this highly contagious pathogen. We at Evergreen Herbal are committed to taking the necessary precautions to help keep our employees, customers and vendors protected. Producing safe and quality products is our highest priority and we want to assure the community of our commitment to this mission.
Evergreen Herbal is closely monitoring news and government reporting and will remain open for business to continue serving our customers. As a food grade manufacturing facility, that operates under HAACP and GMP guidelines, we always operate with strict sanitary and hygiene controls in place but have implemented additional safety measures over the recent weeks.
- Staff have been educated on preventative measures, use of PPE, proper sanitation techniques and handwashing protocols
- Increased sanitation and cleaning schedules to multiple times daily; disinfecting of all surfaces, handles, and equipment
- Disinfecting wipes at every workstation and throughout the building
- Administrative staff are working from home, if able
- All internal meetings are being held electronically
- No visitors will be allowed in the facility until further notice
- Employees must stay home if they or someone in their household are ill
To ensure the safety of our transportation and sales teams we have implemented additional precautions:
- Employees have been equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes to wipe down vehicles and surfaces
- Drivers are asked to wear gloves during deliveries, changing between each stop and when handling currency
- Vendor Days are cancelled until further notice to limit the number of personnel in a retail store, allowing maximum occupancy for retail staff and their customers
Habits of good health, hygiene and disease spread prevention remain the most effective ways for individuals to limit the likelihood of COVID-19 contagion. We encourage our staff and vendors to practice the Safety Advice and Tips we have provided them with, and those communicated by the CDC, to help prevent further spread.
We will continue to diligently monitor the guidelines of our local and national government and the impact on our community in support of your safety. Of course, we will keep you updated as the situation evolves.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our social pages or email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thank you and be well,
The Evergreen Herbal Team